A gathering for women at Emmanuel
Emmanuel Women’s Ministry’s mission is to
Restore, Refresh and Release women into God’s purposes for every season of her life.
We provide opportunities for connection, growth and empowerment designed specifically for women. We want to see you become all that God has designed you to be!
Here are the opportunities that are currently available:
Bible Studies/Church Groups
- Emmanuel Sisterhood Bible Study – 1st & 3rd Tuesdays at 7pm beginning October 3, 2017 at all three campuses. This fall ware doing the Beth Moore study called Entrusted - A Study of 2 Timothy. In this Bible study, you will be encouraged to guard what God has entrusted to you, further His kingdom by sharing Christ with others, and pour into future generations just as Paul once mentored Timothy. Entrusted Workbook is $15.00. (11/21, 12/5, & 12/19)
- New Emmanuel Sisterhood Study begins January 16, 2018! Philippians - A Study on How We Think by Becky Meyerson. In this Bible study you will be encouraged to pay attention to the way that you think about your relationships, your journey in life, your posture before God, and your emotional health. Book Cost - $13. Registration to open mid December!
- Moms Connect (for moms of young children) - meets the 2nd and 4th Thursdays at 9:45am – 11:45am at Emmanuel Spring Lake Park (12/14, 1/11, 1/25, 2/8, 2/22, 3/8, 3/22, 4/12, 4/26, 5/10). Moms Connect is a place to build deep friendships that offer connection, community, and support for Moms with young children. Moms Connect is a place to find spiritual depth, Biblical truths and guidance. This is a place where you can be restored, refreshed, and released into God’s purposes for YOU in the season of life with young children. We pray that your heart will be encouraged, your mind equipped and your spirit refreshed! The cost is $5/meeting (first time is free). Childcare is provided.
- Emmanuel SLP | Cathy Nimmo | When: Wednesdays at 10am - This group is multigenerational group with the goal of helping women live unhindered. It is a hybrid of a connect group and Bible Study. The group is on a holiday break. This group will resume mid-January with Philippians - A Study on How We Think by Becky Meyerson. In this Bible study you will be encouraged to pay attention to the way that you think about your relationships, your journey in life, your posture before God, and your emotional health. Book Cost - $13. Registration to open mid December!
- Our next Sisterhood event is December 1, 2017 called A Simple Gift. This evening will be like no other! We will have a dynamic Christmas Concert with special guests Jesse Larson, Missy Robertson and our own JonCarlos and Gabriella Velez who all competed on NBC’s the Voice. So gather your girlfriends and kick off your Christmas here! Tickets are $15 and all profits will go to kids in foster care. Our goal is to raise $25,000 to buy Christmas gifts for kids in foster care in our very own community! Will you help us? We are partnership with several community organizations!
- Save the date for Emmanuel Sisterhood event on April 27, 2018 with Ruthie Bolton – former WNBA player and gold medalist!
Are you looking to add some style to your wardrobe? We have Sisterhood shirts available! Grey long sleeve shirt is $20.00. White t-shirt is $15.00. Click below to order!
Women’s Connect Groups
There are many opportunities to get involved in a Connect Group designed specifically for women! Click on the link below to see a current list of groups being offered.
Interest Based Groups
- Zumba - Saturdays (at Maple Grove campus) at 9am-10am led by Sara Breit. Exercise is more fun when doing it together! Cost is $5.00/session.
- Wrapped in Love meets on the second Tuesday of the month led by Sue Stroebel. This group makes quilts for babies born in need at local hospitals. This group is open to women regardless of your ability to sew.
- Sisters on the Move is an activity group led by Donna Ouradnik with various outings each summer. If you love outdoors and wilderness-type adventures (kayaking and hiking challenging terrains), these are your gals!. Connect with their group on their Facebook page for more information on their group and their next activity.
Need a little spiritual nurturing? Sign up to be mentored by a spiritual mom. Spiritual moms are women from Emmanuel who are spiritually mature, empty nesters, and who love to meet with women one-on-one. This is not a life-coaching program, but rather is designed for those who need nurturing in order to grow in their Christian faith. Click here to apply to be mentored and Frieda Ruch will contact you. (If you are interested in being the mentor, click here to apply!
- We have opportunities to volunteer at the church each week, special events, writing projects, mentors, connect group leaders, child care providers for Moms Connect, etc. If you have an interest in volunteering, fill out the form below to get started!