SOAR (School of Artistic Refinement) is a place to empower people to reach their fullest potential in the creative arts. SOAR is a training ground to help people grow, discover, and fulfill their unique purpose-creatively.
The next session of SOAR will start January 9. Registration coming soon!
At SOAR, our mission is to guide and develop the gifts of students through skilled training and one-to-one encouragement. We currently offer lessons in voice, drums, guitar, bass, and piano as well as ensembles.
Each student will have a 30 minute private lesson with a skilled instructor once a week on either Tuesdays or Thursdays.
All ensembles will be held at the Spring Lake Park Campus.
Choir is for ages 6-12 and will meet every Thursday from 6:30-7:30 at the Spring Lake Park Campus.
“SOUNDS OF SOAR” VOCAL ENSEMBLE
This is an elite group that will be audition only. This group will be for the older students (12+). This is a great opportunity for the older singers or more advanced singers.
Students have the option of going to the Collaboration Room where there are instructors and art mentors who are there to give musical advice as well as some basic music tutoring. There will be snacks for the students (and parents)! Students can come to the Collaboration Room as they are waiting for their lesson time, waiting to be picked up. This is a great place for our SOAR community to meet and spend time together.
FALL 2017 – October 10/12 –November 14/16 (6 Lessons)
Six Private Lessons (½ hour each)
Bundle Package: Six Private Lessons + Ensemble
Ensemble Only: Choir or Vocal Ensemble
Each season our students have the opportunity to showcase their achievements in our Fall and Spring Performances.
Tentative date for our Fall Recital is November 19, 2017.
REGULAR LESSON TIME SLOT: Upon your online registration your lesson time slot is booked, you are guaranteed that 30 minute time slot for the session and have the option of keeping it throughout the year.
ABSENCE/MAKE UP POLICY
- Student Absences: There will be no makeup required from the instructor if a student is absent. A makeup for student absences will be at the discretion of the instructor.
- Instructor Absences: If an instructor is absent there will either be a makeup scheduled with the instructor or a sub will be provided for that week.
- SOAR reserves the right to substitute or change instructors as needed. (No refunds or credits will be issued for classes or lessons where a substitute is provided.)
TUITION & PAYMENT PLANS
- Private Lessons $125 (6 half hour private lessons every week for 6 weeks)
- Bundle Package $150 (6 half hour private lessons + Ensemble)
- Ensemble Only $50
PAYMENT OF TUITION: SUMMER SESSION - PAID IN FULL
FORMS OF PAYMENT: All payments are processed electronically through our online system.
- In order to receive a refund a WRITTEN NOTICE of cancellation (via email or letter) must be received no later than 5pm the first Friday (Oct 13th) of the start week for the summer session. Following this date no refunds will be issued.
- Please notify Gabriella for withdraw from program.
PRORATED TUITION: For those who start lessons at a later date than the session start date tuition is prorated based on the remaining lessons.
WAITLIST: If there are no slots available please contact Gabriella to be placed on a waitlist.
SCHOLARSHIPS: Please contact Gabriella regarding scholarships.
Spring Lake Park Campus:
- Private Lessons every Tuesday/Thursday from 3:30-6:30
- Choir every Thursday from 6:30-7:30
- Sounds of SOAR Vocal Ensemble every Tuesday from 6:30-7:30
Maple Grove Campus:
- Private Lessons every Tuesday (times may vary)
- All ensembles will be held at Spring Lake Park Campus
MOMMY & ME CLASS
This music class will be geared towards preschool age children. Instead of dividing age groups, all ages up to 5 years old will be welcomed. The mixed ages allow for opportunity for younger children to learn from the older children, and it also allows for families with siblings to attend together. At least one parent per family should attend and be prepared to participate with your child/children.
Age: 0-5 years old, activities will be geared more towards 2-5, but younger children are welcome.
Goals of the class: In this class we will explore music in ways that encourage development of motor coordination, following direction, cooperation, social engagement, letters/numbers/colors, parent-child bonding. The most important goal is to give children the opportunity to explore and learn about music through play.
Types of music used in the class: Group singing with live accompaniment, percussion instruments, and recorded music. Simple children’s songs, or familiar recordings will be used during class so that families can learn and use them at home. Both new and familiar songs will be used during activities.
Session Design: Each week there will a chosen theme, which include things like: colors, holidays, under the sea, seasons, etc. Sessions will always start with a welcome song and end with a goodbye song to help the children transition in and out of the class. Activities each week will include a combination of songs chosen to address specific development skills (motor coordination, following direction, cooperation, social engagement, letters or numbers, parent-child bonding).