As a local church, we believe in community involvement. We partner with select organizations engaged in helping our community. Please contact the organization directly as an individual or as a Connect Group, if you would like to volunteer or make a donation.
Venture Expeditions is a nonprofit organization creating adventure-driven campaigns for communities to benefit the world and discover their souls. Since beginning in 2002, Venture has grown into a worldwide community of people focused on bringing God’s justice and hope to people throughout the world.
- Participate in cross country cycling, hiking, or running tours.
- Train for local running events with Emmanuel's Venture Local running group.
- Support financially though giving.
511 E. Travelers Trail Burnsville, MN 55337
Minnesota Adult & Teen Challenge
"Where hope is being restored" – Minnesota Teen Challenge is one of the largest residential drug and alcohol programs in the state of Minnesota. Serving teens and adults from all ethnic, socioeconomic and religious backgrounds, Teen Challenge has both a 60-day program and one-year drug treatment program.
- Support financially through missions giving.
- One or two times per month, spend one-on-one time with students.
Contact: www.mntc.org Phone: 612-373-3366 1619 Portland Ave. Minneapolis, MN 55404
Feed My Starving Children
Feed My Starving Children is committed to feeding God's starving children hungry in body and spirit. Volunteers pack nutritious meals and partner with relief organizations worldwide to distribute these meals to starving children.
- Volunteer to pack meals
- Support financially by missions giving
Contact: www.fmsc.org Phone: 763-504-2919 401 93rd Ave. NW Coon Rapids, MN 55433
Volunteer with an organization providing the economically disadvantaged in transition with quality furniture and household items free of charge (following a home visit and referral to a registered agency).
- Donate gently used household items (furniture, dishes, linens, and wall hangings).
- Volunteer to build furniture, sort items, and repair furniture/electronics (individually or groups).
Contact: www.bridging.org Phone: 651-319-9295 1633 Terrace Drive Roseville, MN 55311
The Dwelling Place
Emmanuel has the privilege in partnering with a local Christian ministry called The Dwelling Place. The mission of the Dwelling Place is to protect families and heal lives affected by domestic abuse by providing safe housing, and Christ centered programs and training in life skills and community education.
There are many opportunities to serve and to get involved:
- Purchase and donate everyday household paper goods and Kitchen essentials
- Purchase and donate Cub & gas gift cards and bus passes
- Handyman services
- Child care
For more information on this important ministry go to: http://thedwellingplaceshelter.org.